FLIM X16 - 78 MHz TCSPC Detector
LaVision BioTec‘s FLIM X16 TCSPC detector combines the advantages of intensified CCD cameras and PMT based FLIM detectors – it is fast and delivers confocal resolution even in deep tissue imaging.
· Fast FLIM imaging at 76 MHz
· High sensitivity and spatial resolution
· Straightforward integration via liquid light guide into the TriM Scope II
· Complete software package including phasor plot and fluorescence lifetime analysis
Idea behind FLIM X16
The image acquisition time of a PMT based FLIM (Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging Microscopy) system is limited by its maximum photon counting rate that is typically between 1-8 MHz. FLIM systems that are based on intensified CCD cameras overcome this restriction – but sensitivity and spatial resolution in 3D microscopy applications is limited. LaVision BioTec‘s PMT based FLIM X16 TCSPC (Time Correlated Single Photon Counting) detector combines both advantages – it is fast and sensitive by using an PMT array of 16 channels and two 8-channel TDCs. These advanced electronics and detectors provide 76 MHz photon counting rate (short term bursts up to 2.5 GHz). Therefore, the FLIM X16 TCSPC is the perfect choice for laser-scanning microscopes.
LaVision BioTec’s TCSPC system includes
- Liquid light guide for optical coupling to the microscope
- 16x PMT-array
- Analog electronics including 16 CFDs (Constant Fraction Discriminator)
- Two 8-channel TDCs (Time To Digital Converter)
- 1 FPGA (field programmable gate array logic) including USB 2 interface
- ImSpector software package with analysis tools from mono exponential fits, multi exponential fits, and lifetime unmixing to phasor plot analysis